Treking Santa Cruz in 4 days / 3 nights
Huascarán National Park is located in the Cordillera Blanca Range, in the Sierra Central of the Peruvian Andes. The park covers the most of the Cordillera Blanca, the highest tropical mountain range in the world. It has 27 snow-capped peaks 6,000 m above sea level, of which El Huascarán (6,768 m) is the highest.
The park encloses a diversity of geomorphologic features. The deep ravines contain rushing torrents formed from one of the 80 glaciers, and there are some 120 glacial lakes ranging in size from 1 million m3 to 10 million m3 of water.
Lower down are thermal springs used for their therapeutic effects.
(Included national park of Huascarán)
DAY 01: HUARAZ – CASHAPAMPA
7:00 a.m. Transfer from Huaraz to Cashapampa. Transfer by private bus, organized in teams and Trek started in the Santa Cruz ravine, during a walk of 3-4 hours. Camping on Llamacorral (3700 M).
DAY 02: TREK TO LAGUNAS – TAULLIPAMPA (4200 msnm)
During this hike that last 5-6 hours we will visit on our way two extraordinary lakes and Ichiqcocha and Jatuncocha calls (large lagoon and small lagoon), and then we will continue to visit the lookout Alpamayo (snowed most beautiful in the world). Camping on Taullipamampa (4200 M).
DAY 03: PUNTA UNION – PARIA CREEK (4700 msnm)
This day we will walk approximately 6-7 hours to pass Punta Union of 4760m, which is the highest point of our trek passing this point start to go down, visiting and observing beautiful scenery. There we will observe impressive view of Taullirajús, Artesonraju, Pucahirca snowy mountainpeaks. Overnight camp.
DAY 04: HUARIPAMPA CREEK – VAQUERIA – HUARAZ
Hike to the Huaripampa creek and then climb to Vaquería where will be picked up by the bus and return to Huaraz, passing Portachuelo (4760 M) and walk down the Llanganuco creek, arrived in Huaraz about 6pm.
Itinerary is subject to change depending on time of booking provided by INC (institution that runs the Huascaran national park).
The itinerary can varied depending on climate and health status of clients.
- Transfers In / Out
- Professional bilingual Tour guide.
- Assistant tour guide (for groups of 9 or more people)
- Entrance Fee to Huascaran national park.
- 01 Oxygen Ball
- Horses (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment).
- Horse men
- Tourist Transport Huaraz – Cashapampa, Vaqueria – Huaraz
- First aid kit
- Meals: (03 lunch, 03 dinner, 03 breakfast)
- Cook. (Professional) Vegetarian (vegan) food on request at no extra cost!
- Metal walk sticks US$ 15.00 for the entire trip
- Sleeping Bag Rental U.S. $ 25.00 for entire trip
- Extra Horse for carry your personal equipment $ 90.00 dollars.
- Supplemental single Tent for camping nights U.S. $ 35.00.
- Hotel in huaraz: according the category that you want, Standard, Economy, First Class, Luxury. Ask us about this service! we have all the confidential rates of each hotel in Huaraz.
Hotel in Lima, Cusco or other cities in Peru can be booked for the kind you prefer (Standard, Economy, First Class, Luxury). Ask us about this service! We have confidential rates of each hotel in Cusco to be able to get you a good deal.
- Original passport (and *International Student card (ISIC) if applicable)
- Waterproof Jacket/rain poncho
- Warmjacket, hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or camel bags.
- Water (only for first 2 hours of trek, then we will provide you with drinking -previously boiled- water).
- Insect repellent
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (headlamps are useful)
- Walking stick (with rubber tip)
- Plasters and bandages
- Extra money
- Bathing suit (for water pool)