Inca Trail "Short" to Machu Picchu in 2 days
The 2 Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is great for people without time to hike the full Inca Trail. Covering a distance of just 12km, the 2 Day Inca Trail is not challenging which makes it the perfect Inca Trail vacation for families and those on a tight schedule.
Availability for Inca Trail:
Inca Trail departure from our travel agency is daily from March to January. We recommended going on this trek from April to October, because of the dry season. The Inca trail has a strict limit on how many people can use the Inca trail (500) three hundred of them are the guides, porters and chefs and only two hundred for visitors, trekkers. Therefore we will recommend you to book your trip as soon as possible around 6 months in advance.
We are an authorized Inca Trail operator from Peru and as a local Peruvian business we feel that we should help bring more opportunities to the local rural communities in the areas where we operate. We hope that with tourism we help improve living standards and bring more benefits to the Peruvian people.
Join us on an exciting and unforgettable trek and contact us as soon as possible!
First day Inca Trail: Cusco - Chachabamba
Our short version of the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu begins at your hotel where you will be picked up around 5.00. From your hotel you will travel 1 – 1.5 hours with your guide to Ollantaytambo, where we will take the Expedition Train to our starting point which is called KM 104 “Chachabamba”.
At the starting point you need to show your Inca trail permit, your original passport, and your ISIC card if you have one. Here the Inca Trail begins and we will start hiking for 3.5 to 4 hours to Wiñayhuayna, where we are going to enjoy a nice box lunch. The hike to Wiñayhuayna is a beautiful walk, where we can enjoy the incredible flora and the landscape around us.
After lunch we are going hike an additional two hours to Intipunku “the Sun Gate”, from where we will have great views of Machu Picchu and all the surrounding mountains. Here we will have about 20 min. to rest. Afterwards we will travel down to the lost city of the Incas, Machu Picchu. Here the Inca trail ends and we will enter the wonder of Machu Picchu.
Later we take a bus to Aguas Calientes and transfer to your hotel.
We will arrive there at 5pm in the afternoon, and we will enjoy a nice dinner. After the dinner we will settle down for the night.
2 Day Inca Trail: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu - Cusco
On this last day we will have breakfast at 5:00 and go to our bus at the station in Aguas Calientes. We will take a bus to Machu Picchu Inca city. To enter you will also need to show your passport, the entrance ticket and the ISIC card if you have one. Afterwards your guide will show you around Machu Picchu and the different important sites, ruins and temples of the site between 8:00 and 10:00. After the tour you will have some free time to explore the city, its many different roads and its beautiful surroundings.
After you have enjoyed the magnificent city of the Incas you will use your bus ticket to go down to Aguas Calientes and then take the train back to Cusco via Ollantaytambo. The “Expedition Train” leaves at 6:30 in the evening and arrives at Ollantaytambo after 2 hours. At Ollantaytambo there will be a bus waiting for you to take you back to Cusco. Here your journey will end at around 10:30 in the night.
It is optional for you to change the train so you can go to Cusco later or earlier.
- Briefing one or two days before the tour.
- Transport to Ollantaytambo.
- Expedition Train until km. 104.
- Entrances tickets to Inca trail and Machu Picchu
- English and Spanish speaking Professional Guide.
- 01 touristic hostel in Aguas Calientes
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner – Vegetarian food, or other diet requirements can be arranged with no further charge.
- First aid kid and oxygen bottles.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- First breakfast before the transfer on the first day – lunch at the last day at Aguas Calientes.
- Extra porter for personal items.
- Tips are not included but it is optional.
Extras for your Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Walking sticks (10 $ for a pair of sticks)
- Extra porter for personal items (60$ for 7 Kilos – max. 7 Kilos)
- Upgrade to Single room in Aguas Calientes (35$)
- Upgrade to Vistadome train (80$ )
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu (65$) – There is only a limited space at Huayna Picchu (400 persons per day), so it is a good idea to book in advance.
- We can help you to book hotels (standard and luxury) in whole Peru.
What You Need on your inca trail Hiking to Machu Picchu 2 Days:
- You should bring your original passport (International Student card (ISIC) if applicable)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain jacket
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or camel bags
- Water for the first day, but on the way it is possible to buy bottles of water from local families.
- Insect repellent
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
Optional items to bring:
- Walking stick (with rubber tip)
- Plasters and bandages
- Baiting suit for the hot springs
- Extra money for personal expensive, tips and entrance fees for hot springs (entrance fee for the hot spring is: 4 US $ / 10 Soles), (recommended 200 Peruvian nuevos soles for extra money)