In this section you can check the availability (Short Inca Trail 1 day, Short Inca Trail 2 day, Classic Inca Trail 4 days, Tickets to Machu Picchu and Tickets to Huayna Picchu) provided by the Ministry of Culture. Here we strongly recommend that:
- Act NOW to make your reservations online. We are currently accepting advance bookings for 2024 MARCH, APRIL, MAY, JUNE, JULY, AUGUST, ALL 2024. As availability usually sells out quickly, up to six to eight months earlier.
- The availability of Wayna Picchu (Huayna Picchu) is also very limited and is easily sold out in almost every month of the year, so if you want to do tours that include this destination, we recommend making reservations well in advance.
- The Classic Inca Trail 4 days is the most requested destination for the months of MAY to AUGUST, so we recommend you make the advance reservation for this tour.
- The availability of the Inca Trail that we handle is the same as that of any other authorized agency, since this information is provided directly by the Ministry of Culture.
- Availability for the Inca Trail is closed during the month February by disposition of the Ministry of Culture, because maintenance, upkeep and cleaning. Generally this is a month of heavy rains.
- The number of spaces is very variable. Agencies usually book up to 30 spaces, do not be surprised if in a moment the available spaces are sold out.
- The availability of the Inca Trail, Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu is managed exclusively by the Peruvian Ministry of Culture, only they can authorize access.
- The Inca Trail is enabled only for 500 spaces per day, within which includes staff (porters, cooker and guide). but, for the pandemic (COVID-19), the number of tickets is gradually increasing.
- Please note that if you want to do the Salkantay Trek, Inca Jungle, Choquequirao Trek or Lares Trek, your visit to Machu Picchu will be the last day.
- Remember that for the year 2024, you must choose between 5 circuits in Machu Picchu. You can see these and how to enter here.
- The Classic Inca Trail and Short Inca Trail tickets include entrance to Machu Picchu on the last day for circuit 5.
- Huayna Picchu and Huchuy Picchu includes entrance to Machu Picchu for circuit 4.
- Machu Picchu mountain includes the entrance ticket to Machu Picchu for circuit 3.
- Only with the tickets "Llacta de Machu Picchu" you have the option to choose any circuit.
Note: Availability is displayed in real time. First you must choose the Tour, followed by the month and year of your visit.
The number shown per day is the number of available places to the selected date. “0” means that there is no longer any available space.
This information is provided courtesy of the Regional Directorate of Culture of Cusco.